The ultimate in energy efficient water heating, heat pump water heaters have an efficiency factor of 2.4.
To put this into perspective gas water heaters have an efficiency factor around 0.7. Electric resistance heaters can never be higher than 1, and have an EF of 0.9.
- Tank has 2 inches of insulation
- Dehumidifies the space it occupies
- Heat of compression contributes to overall efficiency
- No ventilation required
- No losses due to pilot light
- Qualifies as Energy Star product
- Eligible for a tax credit up to $300 until 12/31/2011
- Will save up to $300 every year on utility costs
- Protects the Environment
buying an electric water heater this year chose an ENERGY STAR qualified
heat pump model instead of a standard model, we would avoid 19.6
billion pounds of carbon dioxide emissions. That's the equivalent of
taking 1.6 million cars off the road." learn more at Energy Star
Learn more about water heating technology at Energy Savers.gov