Renewable, available and efficient, solar hot water is here to stay! Using our plumbing and solar energy expertise on each project, we bring a versatile approach to the table which enables our team to create long-term solutions which meet your needs.
A solar water system works using three basic components:
- Collection: Copper tubes or fins are heated by the solar collector, which gets its power from the suns rays
- Storage: Heated water is stored in a tank
- Distribution: Your hot water heater distributes solar hot as needed.
Are you interested in Solar Hot Water? Complete the online assessment form and a team member will contact you to set up your free solar evaluation appointment.
Beyond the basics:
- The diagram is of a closed loop system. The glycol runs through the panel, absorbs the heat, and the heat exchanger transfers the heat through water.
- The differential controller (delta T controller) monitors the temperature at the panels. It alerts the pumps to move the circulating fluid to the panels.
- The system requires very little electricity. Compared to old ways of heating water via electricity, this system can save a significant amount of money in utility bills.